hannah: (Interns at Meredith's - gosh_darn_icons)
hannah ([personal profile] hannah) wrote2026-10-02 09:24 pm

Going rates.

The used book and record store took about twenty pounds of CDs, two-thirds of what I'd brought over, and I was offered $26 cash or $52 credit. I went with the cash, which is both more than a dollar per pound for CDs and a good hourly rate for hauling 32 pounds of CDs, VHS tapes, and cassettes about eight blocks.

From here, the weekend plans are dependent on a large number of variables, mostly traffic going into and out of New Jersey. I can't say I'm looking forward to the trip. Being there, sure - seeing family, saying hello to people I rarely get to talk to. But as per usual, it's the journey. And it'll be a long car ride with my parents. I'll have to load up my MP3 player with stuff that's suitably loud.